Question

droose313

does auto debt fall off and how long does it take in MI?
I recently applied for a mortgage they said my credit is good enough bad I co signed on a car which was paid in full on time 39 months and then got turned in with $5100 of overmileage the mortgage rep. said he thinks its a national law it must be paid in full no settlements and I am wondering the date on this account is feb 2007 I have never been informed of the debt or contacted about it in any way but i co signed for my mother who filed a bankruptcy last year Im saving now to pay the debt in full but have not contacted them about it yet I was wondering will this debt fall off my report as it has been about 8 years now.

This is new to me.

I haven't delt with this situation before.  

My advise would be to do some research to verify accuracy of what the Rep told you.  Try the FTC   www. ftc .com  See what you can find out what the law says and how to proceed.   Check your states Attorney General's office, under Consumer Complaints.  http: //www. michigan. gov/ag