Does amendment to a 13 change the length on your record or can lenders see that information
My lawyer stated he could amend the plan to give the mortgagee the deed in return for clearing the debt. Sounded similar to a deed in lieu. What I would like to know is if I decide to do this & after I get the discharge do creditors see when the amendment was done & use that as a starting point for their guidelines of loaning again? Say I want to buy a house after discharge. Most people say 2 years after discharge you should have pretty good chance - someone (not a banker) told me that they would look at the amendment & require another 5 years after that. Is that true or is a discharge a discharge no matter what & banks cannot see when & what amendments were done to a plan