Question

JenniferEccles

Does a PayPal card show up as a credit card on credit report?
I am half-way through a debt reduction program and doing well with it. I sell books online for income, and my life would be a lot easier if I could have a PayPal card to receive payment ONLY. I would not be making any purchases with PayPal. My concern is, will it show up as a credit card on my credit report? I don't want my creditors that I'm working with to see that, assume I have a new credit card, and cancel their payment arrangements with me.

Thanks.

Most Helpful Response

"PayPal Credit", the new name for PayPal's "Bill me Later", does not report to the credit bureaus. Applying will show up as a hard inquiry. There have been many inquiries on CK about this service and most of the time the answer is "This will not help you rebuild your credit" (because they do not report) but in your situation, it sounds like exactly what you need.

JenniferEccles

Thanks for responding.  The reply was very helpful.