Question

Steven373

Do I pay my credit card bill in full or make payments?
I just got my first credit card statement online and i am confused on how to go about doing things... I have people telling me to just pay $5 extra from the minimum payment and do that until it's paid off because "it helps raise your credit score" .. but I have others saying there is no difference and there is no need to pay interest, so just pay it off in full.. which I have the money to pay it off.. so what is better for me to do, pay it off before due date or just make a payment? What ever is best to raise credit score

If you enjoy giving your money to the CC company then make lees then full balance payments.  If you use the card a few times a year and pay off in full when statment arrives then it is the same as making minimum +5.  

For scoring purposes, there is  NO NEED to carry a balance and pay interest. You just want one credit card to report a small balance each month to show revolving activity to the scoring systems. Let a small balance (less than 10% of the credit line) report to the credit bureaus and then pay it off in full before the due date.