Question

ConcernedParent1

Do I need to monitor my very young daughter's credit history due to the Anthem security breach?
Could someone open an account with my young daughters SSN, or do they need to provide the proper birth date? If they can, I need to know how I can either monitor her credit (through this site) or put a freeze on her credit to protect her down the road.

Hi ConcernedParent1,

I can certainly understand your fears. You will not be able to create an account for your daughter on Credit Karma if she is underage. You should be able to enroll her in any credit monitoring products offered by Anthem as a result of the breach, however. I suggest contacting them for further information.