Question

kislyanov

Do I have a sufficient credit score for a mortgage in the next few years?
I am 20 years old and graduating college this year in May 2014. Credit karma lists that I have a credit score of 742. I have a few open credit cards, an auto loan, and school loans that I anticipate to pay back fully within the next 2 years. My goal is to purchase a house within the next few years. Will I have a high enough credit score and established credit history (currently, longest open account is about 2.5 years) to obtain a good mortgage within the next few years?

Yes! Keep up the good work and in few years you will have a nice home with low payments. Just remember to keep your debt to income ratio low and save up for a down payment.... Usually about 3% of the value of the home you want to buy. Good Luck my friend!!!