Question

dla54

Divorced 2 yrs, ex got the cc's and 1 car in the decree not paying bills-it is killing my credit-
I was divorced well over a year ago. The ex and his new wife are not paying any of the credit cards and bills he got in the divorce. I had to turn all of those items over to him. It is killing my credit. From the looks of it there is nothing I can do about it. At least the credit card companies closed the accounts so they can't still use them. Most of the charges occurred after he left. My credit is perfect and no late payments...this really is not fair. I did my part, why can't he be made to do his?

One day more people will Learn, 

in a divorce any CC Accounts that have both names on them should be closed and then just pay them off if there is a Balance.

Auto Loans should be refinanced into who ever gets the car 

Same Mortgages ,  who ever gets the home is should be refinanced under their name only.

Why are the Lawyers not telling folks to do this?