Question

Bluebirdfan

Divorce and debts unpaid
My estranged spouse deliberately made late payments on my credit card which made me appear a poor risk. Can I note this somewhere?
Also, due to his bankruptcy & his name being on my car loan, my on-time/early payments aren't being reflected on my report..won't refi until divorce agreement. Any way for lenders to see this?
Also, my name is on a second mortgage that we cannot refi for many years; he pays this as he has possession of the house but this increases my debt ratio. Do i just explain this to potential lenders?
Any suggestions on how to improve/fix these issues are greatly appreciated.

File a Personal Statement

You can file a personal statement on all 3 of your credit reports.  This will have little effect but it will give you the oppurtunity to explain whats going on. You can do this at all 3 of the Credit Bureaus websites for free. or you can mail it in.  

Don't rely oin your ex to make your credit card payment's on time.  You whould make at least the minimum payment on time each month just to be certain that its getting done. Even if your ex agrees to pay it for you. 

If he is filing bankruptcy on a note that your name is on, Then you may be considered in bankruptcy.  Get in contact with an attorney. concerning these issues,  You don't want your credit being ruined because of his bakruptcy. and it would affect your credit for 10 years.