Question

BigBull14

Disputed Delinquent Account
I paid a credit card account off in Nov. '13 in the amount of $197. The bank says the payment was late which I disputed. They have hounded me since and have charged late fees and interest on late fees for months totaling $202 as of this month although I have no principal balance. They have reported me to the reporting agencies and now I show 4 late payments. I have filed a complaint to consumer.gov this month in hopes that this will help. How do I get the delinquencies off of my record ?? Thanks

Dispute it with your credit bureaus reporting the delinquent account. Also you can file a complaint with the BBB which works as a mediator between yourself and the creditor to solve the issue. Lastly you can also file a complaint with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) These guys will slap huge fines on businesses that are fraudulent with their business practices.... Good luck!