Question

blondiesj

Disputed a credit card account and my score dropped? How do I find out more info?
I am attempting to rebuild my credit, so when I noticed an account I didn't recognize I disputed it because I know I haven't applied for or even had a card since 2005 at the latest. This card had a $100 limit, had never ever been used to buy anything, and was recently closed by the company. So after a month I received a notification that the investigation was complete and new info was added to my report. All I noticed was my score was even lower! And I still have no idea who opened this account. How do I find out the results of this investigation other than my score? And what do I do to show I have never had this card? And most importantly I'm trying to rebuild my credit from bad decisions I made in the past and I ended up making it worse. So what should I do now to begin this rebuilding process?