Question

Jbwrath

Dispute with transunion
I swear I read this a dozen times where people say that they just get thousands and thousands of dollars cancelled by doing a dispute or sitting in a letter but they never explain the options they choose how exactly they do it can someone please tell me how this is done and if this is so easy why isn't everyone doing this? For the heck of it I just filed dispute on two accounts the options were limited but I picked I am no longer liable for this account. Anyways if anyone can give me some legitimate any information was actually done this dispute before that'd be awesome thank you

One should never file a dispute "for the heck of it"   Those with excessive disputes can be flagged by the bureau.   There are specific reaons one may dispute an item on their credit report.   When a dispute is filed and the creditor does not respond within a specified number of days, the item will be removed by the credit bureau.  There is nothing to stop the creditor from filing the information again at a later date.   Normally, the items being removed usually come from a credit collection agency.   Once they no longer hold the debt (as they sold it) or they collected on the debt, they don't need and sometimes don't respond to communication received on a closed accounts.  Generally, these are the items which are removed from the bureau.  They don't get refiled as there is no longer a debt and/or someone else owns the debt and the process of filing with the bureau belongs to the new owner of the debt.

You can dispute only wrong information such as accounts that are not yours.  Read the articles on this site so you can learn how credit works, because credit education is the purpose of Credit Karma.