Question

doophis

difference in Credit Karma and actual Equifax score
Based on the score Credit Karma purported for Equifax of 712 I recently applied for credit to purchase a lawn mower. The credit company decline me. I received a report from Equifax two days later saying my score is 682. Why does Credit Karma show a score so much higher than what the credit company got when they did a "hard" check of my credit?

nandog

Credit Karma scores vary as compared to Fico scores. Your case is not unusual. The closest score to fico that I have experianced is through Fifth Third Bank and it's a soft pull. If you have a account with them it's $6 per month for one set of fico scores and your three credit bureau reports. Best deal I have seen for close to the real mccoy.