Question

787d

did not charge on my pennys account
the bank is looking into the problem - they said no payments are required on the amount in dispute during the investigation- but I would like to know if it goes against my credit report ?

If after the investigation you are found to not be at fault, you will not be responsible for the amount and the amount will not count against you. However, the account will need to be closed and that can cause some damage to your credit, unless they can keep your account info with a new account number, but I don't think that lenders can do that.