Question

TammyR922

Did my credit score seriously just drop 60 points JUST because my cc utilization went up?!?
My credit card utilization was at 39%, but last month I had some unexpected expenses and had to use it, so my utilization went up to about 95%. I had planned on paying it all back before the end of the month, but did not get to due to finances. Now my Transunion credit score seriously dropped by 60 points!!! From 661 to 601. That seems a little crazy to me. :(

Vantage scoring does seem crazy, but almost maxing out a card can and will do that. I would guess that is the reason and it makes sense, for the score falling.