Question

JSON1239

Derogatory Mark? How many points is this?? Anyone???
Anyone know how many points on average you can gain on your credit report if you have 1 derogatory mark? 2 marks?

I didn't see it on the credit simulator, or any resources out there stating the points you gain for fixing this on average. Maybe you all know the answer to this?

Thx!

JSON

In 2010 I had about six pages of derogatory accounts and a dismal credit score. As each collection account fell off my score went up by about 15 points. When the very last collection fell off, my score jumped 55 points overnight. 
I was thinking it's kind of like a criminal record--if you have 7 felonies or 5, it won't make much difference, but the difference between one and none is huge.