Question

Ialvi1

Department of Education Student loans
Hello

The US Department of Education is now using a new billing and servicing company call FEDLOANS, for all student loans. I will be graduating at the end of the month of September of 2013 and from what I can read on my loan documents I will have to start paying my loans 6 months after graduation, which means Early January of 2014. Having said the new FEDLOAN Company just added my loans in my credit report and even though I do not have start paying the loans until early next year, adding these loans into my credit dropped my credit score by 8 points. Does anyone know if this is normal ? or even legal? They have stated I am not late on payments, since i don't have to start to pay them until late January 2014. Can anyone give me some advice ?

loans

No, if you have deferred your loans your credit score should not go down (from what I've been told asking around w/this same question at least). In googling, I found this to be true from what I read online at least.. here is one example http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865575650/9-ways-student-loans-impact-your-credit-score.html?pg=all

My issue, and how I found your question, is a new company/lender took over my student loans, and somewhere there's a disconnect because my account shows the same loan from two different places... not sure how to fix!! Mine are in deferrment too.