Question

leasedvehicle

delinquent account not showing on credit report
I had to turn in a leased vehicle 2 years ago. They are still contacting me about a balance owed but it is still not showing on my credit report. I am not sure how to handle it . I do not have the money to pay but I do not want my wages garninshed. And shouldn't that be on my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

Google your state and "statute of limitations".  If the statute of limitations on this loan have expired, then they cannot garnish your wages.  Can't explain why it is not showing up on your report, just be thankful for that.  If you decide to pay it, get info from them on how much they sold the car at auction or whatever they did with it so you can verify how much you truly owe.  Best of luck!