Question

Mschiess

Debt Validation way Past 30 days
I saw that a property management added $25,000 to my credit. It has been on there for a few years. I didn't see it till late last year. They are charging us for a water pipe that broke under the concrete driveway which was an act of God and not us. We never signed any paperwork or had any idea we were being charged for the damage for our townhouse and the neighbors. I wrote a debt validation letter obviously past the 30 days I should have done it. I sent it verified mail. I'm now 3 months past since they received the letter. I know they don't have to reply since I am outside the 30 days. But what should I do to get this off my credit??

You misunderstsand the requirements of a debt validation letter.  It isn't YOU that has 30 days to vallidate the debt but the creditor whom you do not recognize as having a legitimate claim against you. If they do not respond to your request for debt validation within 30 days then you do not have topay  the debt.  HOWEVER, you need to check all three credit reports to see if the property management company had filed a suit and obtained a judgement.  That can make things a bit stickier, but not totally without chance of resolution.  If you haven't read the articles here, I advise doing so because they contain valuable knowledge.