Question

kitosA

Debt reappeared..
I have some medical debt from a few years ago, that thanks to this site, I was able to see it just so happened to reoccur. Credit karma said I have a new debt in collections, but it's the same one I've had for almost 3 years.. This concerns me because it affected my credit. I'm only 23 so I haven't had credit for that long so I can use all the help I can get.
(Also about 3 months ago when I got a credit karma account, all of my collections were already in my report, so it's not like it just now recieved this informtion.) I just want to know if anyone knows why this would happen? Thank you in advnce.

Most Helpful Response

Are you disputing this debt?  If so, sometimes it comes off your report while the account is being investigated then re-appears once verified.  Otherwise, could be that the debt got sold to another collector and is showing back up that way.

kitosA

Actually I'm not. But my mom said the same thing, maybe they sold it to a different collector. I just don't get why that would happen.. sell someones debt. Lol