Question

KMLaw

Debt collector for student loans...loans in consolidation
I have a loan for Liberty University...that was full coverage from financial aid. Anyway, this Williams and Fudge debt collector is trying to collect from me. All of my loans have been consolidated and I sent them an email yesterday, stating that fact and even showing them the proof from the Financial Aid loan site (I can't think of the name right now). Does this "company" have the right to collect this from me, since basically financial aid covered it and so I owe the government for the financial aid (student loan) and not Liberty University? If so, how long do I give them to remove their collection from my account before proceeding and how would I proceed? I heard that this was a scumbag debt collector anyways, and kind of does things illegally. Thank you.

Most Helpful Response

If you feel something illegal is going on, contact a consumer law attorney and run it by them and see what they have to say. There are many laws under the FDCPA that protect consumers from crooked debt collectors.