Question

skhwltoy

Debt Collection
Debt Collector has told me that even if I make routine scheduled payments on my less than $300 medical debt that at any time they can send me to legal. According to the person I talked to he said they have already sent me to legal for a $21.00 debt I didnt know I had. I am offering to make good faith payments every two weeks to pay this off. I have never heard this from any collector i have worked with to pay off debt. Any one with experience with this or knowledge of how to proceed.

Usually a threat

Debt collection companies love to try to intimidate you and make you think they are going to sue you.

Rarely do they ever do that if you are already making good faith payments.

However, if they think you can make larger payments, they may go to court in order to get a judgement to make you do so.

But with a $300 debt, it would cost them more to take you to court than to just accept your payments.  In the end, it's all about them getting their money.