Question

pennycox1

debt collect saying that my debt will not affect my credit score ..but it has..how do get rid of it

Most Helpful Response

Since it hasd been sold to a collector, it is going to affect your score.  That is well covered in the articles available on this site to teach how credit works.  I suggest reviewing them.  Now you have to pay the debt, possibly negotiating a 'pay for delete' agreement (also covered in the articles) which the collector may, or may not agree to.  If they don't agree (and they don't HAVE to) the debt will show on your credit history for 7 years.

pennycox1

Well what they said was..The  law limits how long you can be used on a debt. because of the age of your debt , we will not sue you for it, we will not report it to any credit reporting ageency, and payment  or non -paymeant of this debt will not affect my credit score...but its on my credit score and its does affect it ..so what can i do about that ?