Question

MJ91

Debt came off of report after 5 years?
Hi everyone! My husband had two medical debts on his report from a car wreck in August 2010. I check both of our reports once a month to make sure they are correct. One of his two medical debts has randomly been remove? It has been right at 5 years since it was first reported. Where did it go?? Will it come back??

Thanks!

Most Helpful Response

I am not exactly sure, from what I understand a lot of things are to be changing regarding medical debt. Hopefully it will be gone for good, but sometimes when an account is removed prior to the seven year mark, it is in the process of being sold to another collection company which can sometimes pop up to replace the collection account that was removed. Hopefully that is not the case. I wouldn't worry about it and hope that things continue to work in your favor. I wish you luck with this.