Question

bbrey26

"date of first major delinquency" is different than "first delinquency"
So in one of my collections accounts has First delinquency :09/09 Then it has another box that has First Major Delinquency First Reported: 04/2012. The first date sounds right. What does this mean. Is it an error. I herd something about re-aging... is this what this is. Can I depute this? If so who do i dispute it with. Collection Agency?

Dispute it with the three credit bureaus at www.annualcreditreport.com.  Can't say for sure what the difference is, perhaps 1st delinquency is anything over 30 but under 90 and 1st Major is anything that went beyond 90 days past due.  If it's a collection account, I'm betting that's the answer.

I was asking the same thing.  Equifax, right?  Apparently, they are the only one of the 3 that do this.  I had it on mine.  My report from last year showed 8/09 in that slot, then yesterday, when i pulled my yearly-it showed 6/2014!!  So, i immediatley called the company and i was told that the only date and line that matters is the one that says "date of first delinquency".  Although, i must say, i did notice that since they reported "date of 1st major delinquency" as 6/2014, i've noticed my credit did plop!!  But every place i've researched on the web says the exact same thing- it's not relevant.  I "thought" i had disputed it with Equifax yesterday, but when i double checked it's status...it's like it never happened.  Credit is a really strange entity.  Good luck :-)