Question

TropicJack

CreditKarma Misleading Regarding Derogatory Remarks
The website states that Derogatory Remarks have a high impact to Credit Score. I had 3 collection items (a $190 medical bill from which is suppose to be paid by my insurance, and 2 old credit card balances $1,400 and $1,700 prior to my divorce). So, I'm trying to improve my credit score and settled the credit card for $1,400 placed in collections with Midland. That just came off my credit report but had ZERO impact on my score. So, how can this have a high-impact to my Credit Score if it was completely removed with result being zero impact?

Try re-reading the credit information articles on this site. They are really quite helpful, and more informative than the college business classes I took.