Question

aabte

creditkarma is reporting false information. what are they doing?
They have reported I have an account in collections and the balance has been 0 for the last 10 years. I called Trans Union about this. They said I don't have any accounts in collections.
It cost me 30 points on my creditkarma score. What are they doing and how do I get in touch with creditkarma?

Most Helpful Response

When did this 30 point hit take place here on CK?   See you have been on CK from Apirl 2012,  was everything fine up till when?  or you only sign in ever 3 to 4 months?   

Take a look at your Free Credit Report form TransUnion,   Do Not Rely on Phone Calls ( didn't we see this post a few weeks back? )

Verify that it's not on your TransUnion report.   If it's not on it, then E-mail the support folks at CK at support@creditkarma.com -  Might take them a few days to reply and if it is their problem might take them a few months to fix depending on the problem.

When CK move to this new format I was not able to Post or Reply for almost 6 months as they could not get their act together.  Yeah the issue was on their side not mine.

Good Luck

aabte

I am on CK every 7-10 days. Everything has been fine until yesterday 12/16/13, then the big 30 point hit and they say I have an account in collections.  Not true, as a matter of fact I haven't even had that account for more than 10 years and I paid it off back then. I have 0 baddies, no lates, no nothing. Clean as a whistle. I will take your advice with CK. I'm not eligible for the free report from TU until 1/28/14.  

Thanks for your help.

When did you last personally, check your credit reports??  Get copies of all three once a year and check for (and dispute) the errors that are bound to show up.  The information on how to do that is under the articles and resources on this site, which you should be reading and studying to learn how to keep your credit reports correct, and how to best manage your money.  That is what this site is for.