Question

tam73

credit utilization
I know it's best to keep utilization under 30%, but say you are almost maxing out your limit, but have it back under 30% before the billing statement is processed (the amount they normally update on my credit reports) Can this help or hurt you, I've read to do this, not to do this, etc, remind you payment is always on time and usually multiple times a month, but before the statement day I have it paid down. I was told it looked good because you use it often and shows you can pay higher amounts, but I don't want to be doing it if it will bite me in the end... Thanks!

Most Helpful Response

should be fine as long as you don't carry an almost maxed out balance past 30 days (average reported billing cycle on a purchace) In return you cc company will probably increase your limit.....