Question

bromigo

Credit Union made unauthorized transaction to cover credit card balance?
So recently, my bank cleaned out my checking account to cover a credit card balance that I have on one of their credit cards. I have been making my payments on time and have no idea what to do about this. I now have $0 in my checking account and did not authorize this transaction. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Credit Unions operate differently than banks.  They're not tolerant on late payments or overdrafts. This is one reason credit unions can offer better interest rates.

You should go into your Credit Union and inquiry of they why the transaction was made.  Perhaps it was initiated by you by accidently selecting the pay in full amount of your credit card balance as opposed to a minimum or other payment amount.  If you were paying timely, they would not have accessed your bank account to cover the charges.   If it was a mistake on their part, they will make it right.   Never be afraid to discuss or ask questions of a creditor.  They don't shoot you.