Question

creditdispair

Credit score help needed for near future mortgage
My credit score has been in low 500s for years. 2011-2012 was a bad financial time. Many late payments. May settled accounts. I currently only have two credit cards with low limits, Target & Walmart. Utilization is very low on these. I have $80k in student loans that are now current but had some lates last year. I have a car payment for 13 months now always on time. I have old debt that is past time for creditor to sue, 3 with Portfolio Recovery and a Discovery card that I can settle out. Just not sure the best action at this point to raise my score. Short sold my house five years ago (mortgage was not in my name) and now looking to buy. I need to get my score into the 600s to even start looking for a mortgage. Income qualification won't be a problem but the credit will be. Any advice.

Work on getting as many dergos removed as possible.  You also need to sort out you financial situaiton so you don't end up in trouble again.