Question

BryTroy

credit score going down.
what am i doing wrong. I dont use my capital card that much and i pay it off. I dont go ove 150. and my credit keeps going down

Most Helpful Response

Depends on how you pay it off.  If you keep track of every dollar you charge every month and pay that amount to the credit card company even though the total on the bill shows a smaller amount, you're actually hurting your credit score.  Pay off ONLY what shows on the bill when it comes in.  You won't be paying interest on t0he additional charges that may not have shown up yet BECAUSE they aren't included in the bill at that time, but will be on the next one.

Please read the articles on this site so you can get an understanding of closing dates, usage and the other terms used in credit.  That is the purpose of Credit Karma---teaching people how credit works and how to make it work for you.

BryTroy

Ready what articles on the site.  I have not seen any articles.