Question

deputymcgahe

Credit score dropped 9 points due to lost/stolen card
I had to call credit card company and request a new card due to fact lost/stolen and my credit score dropped 9 points. I looked at my credit report and it was reported that they closed account and opened a new one. Trying to figure out if it can be disputed did not want to close account just needed to get new card with different number. I have read that in this case they just transfer the account but in my case they reported account closed. With them doing that credit score fell 9 points. I am in process of rebuilding my credit and when I saw this all of the work to get credit score improved seems like it has been for nothing!!!! Can I dispute this or is something the credit card company can fix?

The credit company is doing the right thing.   the old account is closed and a new account is opened.    the new account will have all of history with it and the old acct (could drop off your credit report, just depends)