Question

damolitoy

Credit score dropped 45 points for no reason! CK 718 to 673.
Hey guys,

I started my credit history 10 months ago with a secured 99/500 Bank of America Cashrewards and the secured Capital One.

So far, I've always PIF, and kept a low utilization (<20%).

Last week, my BOA GRADUATED to an unsecured card, and they increased my CL from $500 to $1,000, so that's a very good news.

Today, my Credit Karma score DROPPED 45 POINTS!! With the following explanations:
- The limit on 1 of your credit cards has increased. (That's the BOA)
- Your previously unused CAP ONE account is now reporting a balance. (I forgot to USE my Capital one card for a month...)

Note that I have made no credit inquiries whatsoever.

I really don't understand, I've been working very hard on my credit and my score has increased consistently in the last 10 months.

What happened? Please help, thanks!

This happens to me every month.

I use a particular card 1-2 times each month to get gas in my car.. it always comes back up after my capital one account notices a charge.