Question

AConfusedperson

credit score dropped 17 points -while using new credit cards
I recently opened 3 credit cards in one month, trying to rebuild credit. Two have a $500 limit and one is a secured CC with a $250 limit (unless I add additional money to CD). I've been using the cards and paying them off in full (before due date). I have used less than 30% of my limits. My score dropped from 654 -Fair to 636 - Poor. Why did this happen? Is it possible it dropped because of the age of my credit history? I have not had any credit card activity in 7 years.

Any time you open new accounts, your score drops.  As you make payments, it will slowly increase.  Probably take about 6 months before you see an increase in scores.