Question

StillSpending

Credit Reports are a big pile of bullsh*t!
Credit report reporting and the reading there of, is a pile of excrement. Some of my documents read Apartment #7 for the address, some end in just #7 or just a 7 or apt 7 on the second line of the address box. All of these are different addresses and show me as unstable for lack of perm residence. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?

Now you want me to attach my bank accounts? the 5 year old account will now show up as new account just opened.

My report has many more problems, but this is not instilling confidence in the people that are "in control" of my info. How is it that we all take this data abuse from the ones that have the money to lend to us?

Just had to vent a while, thanks for replying- SS007

So, you can fix it!

Have you gotten copies of all 3 credit reports?  Have you looked them over carefully to find any discrepencies (and there usually are such discrepencies)?  From your post, you've found discrepencies.  NOW, have you exercised your right to file disputes with the credit reporting agencies to get the errors straightened out???  From your post, I doubt you have.  It is each consumer's responsibility to check their credit reports annually and see to the correctness of the information. 

FYI- It used to cost up to $15 for each credit report about 30 years ago.  The government made it possible for every consumer to get all three reports for free every year.  Now, all you have to do is take advantage of that right and do what needs to be done.

StillSpending

My point is the mistakes are trivial.  Not even a typo.  The correct number appears everytime, yet it's a different physical address in the computers memory.  

My problem is that I want changes in my score to happen quickly and I know that's never gonna happen (to the positive).  I have made a committment to work on my credit every Monday.  This will make me  work slow an steady, and not loose focus and burn out on the project.  

You ask that I just use a fine tooth comb over all three reports (i have only one of three) but I don't even know what I"m looking for.  

Thanks for listening to my rants,  SS007