Question

NOStsfan1

credit report comment from grantor and variable credit scores
I read that a comment on your credit report can have a negative influence on your score or rating..? even if, as in my case, the account that had late payments on it just hit 7 years in July and according to one bureau(equifax) I don't have anymore negative accounts in my history. I also recently applied for a small..$8,000 loan(approved and applied prior to 7 year drop off of late payments) to be paid off in 3 years and my credit score according to the bank was 698 and Equifax site has scores ranging from 732 to 776 for all bureaus. Why such a drastic difference and why did the credit union that approved the loan use their highest interest rate? Thank you for your time if anyone has insight for me.

There are many different scoring models of credit scores used. The majority of lenders use FICO scores, but there are 3 different bureaus that provide FICO scores and in addition to that, there are many different versions of FICO scores. Do some reading on "different scoring models for credit" and "different versions of FICO"