Question

Floridanita

Credit Repair Service or DYI
Hi. I have 3 accounts that went to collections but have been "written off." They are keeping my credit score from increasing. I've heard that it doesnt help to pay them. Any advice? Should I hire a credit rep as it seevice?

these contrubutors are nuts

First off who cares how long the person has been a member? How disrespectful is it to start a thread with that. Just because some people on here have NOTHING better to do than answer questions and generally troll, doesnt mean that all people do. Not everyone is retired man. get with the program and have another cup of tea.

That said, before you sign with any credit repair group, make sure you are aware of your rights under the FCRA, CROA and FACTA.

The people who reply here that if its listed its accurate are not only ignorant but foolishly uninformed, as 55 MILLION people have errors NOT THEIR OWN on their consumer credit files. That comes straight from the lawyers at the FTC. And its a number sure to rise, since we are in the age of data thefts and fraud galore.

The CFPB has had to file federal lawsuits against companies for violating the FCRA against consumers.

Equifax got shafted and lost the information on 147 + million people not 1 year ago, and these contributors will want you to believe all items on a file are accurate?

help people or dont help people, but before you shoot your mouths off, actually READ a little. You can look up the definition is a dictionary and generally speaking, reading will help develop your intelligence, and in JWsisters case, something called COMMON COURTESY

visit: cleanslatecredit. org and learn your rights

Nomadre

So you have enough time to go back and give everyone a "Not Helpfull" on all of their posts......When infact people like me are trying to help out a person. While a person like you is ONLY on here to promote your business and take peoples money for things they typically can do themselves for FREE if they chose to take the time to learn.  

ANYONE can dispute these charges for FREE, so you can take your numbers and throw them out as it does not mean they have to hire someone.

I once looked into your business and actually thought it was cool the way you approached things. But when I see you spam, use sockpuppet accounts to bolster your "Helpfull" That turned me off.  

Now you are actually taking the time to do not helpfulls on a person's history instead of just a comment. This makes me feel you are nothing but scum now. Your actions have shown me just how wrong my intital impression was.

Nomadre

Also you might want to think about what would happen if you ****ed soemone off enough that they started an online negative campain against your company. Not something I would take the time to do, because I am sure you are a help to some people and maybe better than the other scum out there. But lets say a retired guy that has nothing but time on his hands, nothing to make new e-mail accounts and start saying bad things about your company.........Yes some may lack some common courtesy, maybe to blunt to many questions that are expecting spoon fed information that is easy to obtain, but you are lowering yourself to that level also.

jloes

Get your credit cleaned with the help of a reliable personnel Fico and Ex Transunion agent! He's tested and trusted. I had a very low credit score (around 520) and it was ruining my life. I needed help. I was very depressed because of it and had been trying to repair it but It just seems nothing was capable of getting my score raised quickly. I needed something done fast. I had read a lot of good things about this hacker online which gave me a go ahead to try him out. I almost gave up my search for a real agent because I kept meeting fake people who are not capable enough and who are always after the money, I've been conned by them. this programmer is not about the money but about attaining a good reputation at always satisfying his customers. My credit score is now 780, 790 and 820 on all big 3 bureaus and it was 100% confirmed by FICO. This is my way of showing appreciation for a job well done on my credit report. Reach out to him for help at yatesnovakovic @ g m a i l . c o m  He's affordable and always at your service.  

Credit Repair

I remember when my credit score was in the toilet and considered using a credit repair company. But, after doing some research, I decided to do my own repairs and cleanup. I ordered a copy of my credit report from each (Equifax, Experian, and Transunion), compared each line by line...wrote a letter to dispute everything that was incorrect (addresses, spellings, payments, numbers, etc.). I also contacted consumers for accounts that were in collections or charge-offs and was able to make payment arrangments with some. I even provided in writing a reason why I was past due on an account that I had never been late on before (my mother passed during that time and I simply forgot to make the payment). The consumer ended up removing the past due indicator on all three reports. Some things were easily fixable, but for some, I just had to wait until they aged out to be removed. However, I found that it was more rewarding and cost effective for me to do it myself instead of paying someone to do the same thing. My credit score began to improve shortly thereafter, particularly, because I had a better understanding as to what exactly was on my credit report and how the financial choices I make affects my credit. I am proud to say that my credit score have been in the 800s for several years now, and I believe that having done the work myself helps me keep it there.

A clean slate credit Consultants is a great company with actual people and they help me without pushing me to do nothing. I've called every company on this site and on Google's top 5 list. Every one asked me for money and said yes to everything. These people in florida didn't say yes to everything but laugh with me. Did not ask for money.
In this place every person got something to say and some attack each people for things they say.
People should do what they want to do.
But right is right and this people do not lie and do not operate like the rest I called. I recommend.

Two things: 1) Credit “repair” companies can NOT do anything for you that you can’t do yourself for FREE. 2) Credit “repair” companies can NOT remove or get removed any derogatory information from your credit report that is ACCURATE. For that matter, neither can you. Nor can anyone else. If these accounts are ACCURATELY listed on your credit reports you are stuck with them until they age off. Save your money - don’t pay a Credit “repair” place to do something NOBODY can do - and don’t let anymore accounts get charged-off!

Harry7900

I guess the one person who didn’t like my reply runs a credit repair “service” 😁

Credit Repair

"Hi. I have 3 accounts that went to collections but have been "written off." They are keeping my credit score from increasing. I've heard that it doesnt help to pay them. Any advice? Should I hire a credit rep as it seevice?"

.... it doesn't help to pay them -- they will stay on your record longer if all we are talking about is credit score (just going to assume that they are already some 2+ years overdue).  Depending on the state you live in, how much you owed, how much you make, well, then there are other factors (wage garnishment, civil suits, etc).  I had some credit cards I just didn't pay for seven years myself, instead of going thru bankruptcy.  I live in Texas, though (one of the most lenient states as far as debtors go)

No, don't pay for some credit repair service.  Get in some credit union (like the SDFCU, just have to be a member of the American Consumer Council, which you can join for free) & get a secured card.  That'll start building your history.  I had some 805 FICO score roughly 2 1/2 years after my derogatory stuff cleared in 7 years.  It's not so hard these days.

jloes

Repair your own credit.

If you have dept to credit cards just try to pay them off. When a business says it wrote the dept off doesn't mean you shouldn't

make payments. I have 8 credit acounts and 6 are credit cards. I have manage to pay them off in 1 year. My credit score is now

795 because I have payed them off. They all have a zero balance. I will use each of these credit cards at least once a year now.

I am trying to get to the magic credit score of 800. My bank will give me a car loan for $20,000 with no money down and no credit check.

Did it work?

Just trying find if this link has the means to get a FALCO score and explain it

If you have extra money to pay someone that may not even help, then go for it. Or learn how to dispute them and try yourself as that is all the credit repair compnay will do. The only advantage is that a credit repair company MAY find a loop hole to get it removed, but that is a very long shot, as generally it is properly reported.

First off, you have been here over ten years so should have had sufficient time to read the articles and learn how credit really works.  Providing that informatiion is the primary purpose of Credit Karma.  The articles do point out ways to successfully resolve your debts.  Since you are the one that got into the 'pickle' it might be better to learn how to get out.  These so-called repair companies are of questionable value.

jloes