Question

MrPaco

credit karma shows a decrease in my credit line but capital one says nothing has chanedg
I received a notification from ck that my credit line of 2000 on one of my cards had drooped 1600 down to 400...I thought that's not right since 1, I received a 1000 increase not more than a month ago and 2, I have a balance on 446 right now. So I called cap1 and they told me that I received the increase of 1000 but there is no decrease on any of my accounts. So now I'm confused about who is right and who is wrong. I'm worried one that cap1 is trying to pull something on me or two that transunion somehowe majorly messed up. Either way I'm now showing 116% utilazation instead of 17%. Should I call cap1 again and make them figure this out or call transunion and have them look into it

Most Helpful Response

I would either call TransUnion (1-800-916-8800) and ask them what they show as your current utilization or pull a free report from them at annualcreditreport.com just to see what's really showing up.

I think it was a glitch in Cap1's system that reported old limits by mistake in mid Jan.