Question

Plzexplain

Credit karma scores are different than scores direct from reporting agencies
I paid for my reports and scores directly from each of the reporting agencies and their scores are much different than what credit karma is showing. Why?.

First of all, Credit Karma's expressed purpose is to TEACH how credit works and how to build a good score.  It is not here as a credit bureau, but does obtain information from two of the three credit bureaus for this purpose.  Second, the scores here are calculated by the Vantager 3  method, as is clearly stated on the site.  Were you told what method was used to calculate the credit scores you paid for?  There are numerous ways to calculate scores, as is explained very well in the articles here, which I read, and now enjoy the benefits of this knowledge.

And the scores you would get from an auto loan lender, or a home mortgage, or a credit card will be different than all other scores.  There are Hundreds if not thousands of scoring models that can be used to calculate a score based on the data in your Credit agencies file.  The Vantage here, or one of over 20 FICO models, or one that a company has developed for themselves will all rate diffferent factors of your credit history as more or less important.  What you have in Credit Karma is an easy way to monitor changes to your credit history and give you an idea if you are helping or hurting your credit profile.  

In my own case I have seen over a 40 drop or gain from what I see here, it all depended on who pulled my file and what system they used to make a score.  But at the end of the day I know that if my scores here were getting better, then my scores on any scoring model should be getting better.