Question

sneeuq

Credit Karma says I only owe my student loan. Co. ARA is harassing me about owing them. what to
I had a Discover card many years ago. I had forgotten about it. years later a company named ARA contacts me and says i owe them a few thousand dollars. I started paying them and after a long while was out of work. I paid them each month $25.00. It has been at least 12 years or better and now that I'm on Credit Karma it is saying that I only owe my student loan. Which I have been paying back in very small payments of $25.00 each month. My daughter has been helping me pay this. My direct question is if its not on Credit Karma then why is ARA harassing me about this. Please help. I do not want my credit score to drop. Thank you for your kind assistance in this matter. A. Hardy

ARA are known as debt scavengers and they try to resurrect these zombie debts and try to collect almost the full amount owed but they only paid pennies on the dollar for them. Are you saying it's been 12 years since you started paying the 25 a month or have you paid anything recently? 

Send a cease-and-desist letter via certified mail with a return receipt. Also send a letter asking for debt validation. They need to come up with the original documents proving that you even owe money. If the debts have been passed around collection agencies and they can't come up with it, you would not owe.