Question

MMason0515

Credit history vs debt/open credit ratio...
I have three cards that I am authorized user on but am not the primary. Each has low open credit each is almost full... if I am taking off those three as authorized user they will drop off my credit report correct? They have each been open two to three years, however my student loans are showing as my oldest line of credit (7 years). How will taking me off these cards as authorized user affect my credit? My open credit to debt ratio will definitely drop however my history of credit will then be shorter... is this a good idea?

Your credit history would not be shorter because your oldest account is the student loan. The high utilization on these cards is surely hurting you. The problems of getting removed is that you will lose accounts reporting. All in all though, it may be best to get removed and get them removed from your credit reports if you beleive they will stay at high balances. I would consider getting removed and getting yourself a Secured credit card or even unsecured if you can be approved. You need to work on building your own credit, you should never depend on someone else for your credit.