Question

Wuji123

Credit collection on account from Sprint that shouldn't be there, help!
Sprint says I owe them around 600 dollars, from an account I opened in 2014. No account was opened in 2014, the last time I did business with them was in 2009 or 2010. I'm 100% sure I didn't open one up last year. Is this common for information like this to be wrong? I'm calling Sprint tomorrow to see what can't be done to rectify this. What else should I do?

Most Helpful Response

Dispute it withcredit reporting agencys

It is probably an old debt that was updated.

I too would call Sprint right away. I would also dispute the account with the credit bureaus that are reporting it. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites where you can dispute incorrect information. You would dispute the account as "not your account". If Sprint gives you any trouble with this I would contact a consumer law attorney right away and sue Sprint for damaging your credit.

Credit report

MBraggster

I know 2 people who have had similar issues with Sprint. I helped my step-daughter dispute the charge with the 3 credit reporting agencies. First, she called Sprint who gave her the run-around. Then, we filed the disputes and the items were eventually removed from her credit report.