Question

Soccer1o

credit card utilization
I recently got a new credit card with a $3000 limit. I purchased an item of $2700 and am paying every month for it. I just checked my credit score and it went down 72 points. My credit card utilization is poor at 52%. I am aware now that this effects your credit score greatly, but my question is when I pay off the $2700 will my score go back to where it started or will it only increase slightly from where it is now? 72 is a big change:(

Maybe...

The VERY first thing you did was send off red alerts. You got ONE card and dang near used the entire limit right off the bat. That alerts all the systems that you are NOT credit worthy and just wanted to spend that money ASAP. Once it is paid off, your score will go back up but there are too many factors for anyone to say whether it will go back up FAST like it dropped it FAST. You want it to go up FAST, pay off the $2700 FAST like you spent it! And do not EVER go over 10-15% of a limit on a credit card, it sends out all kinds of warnings....Good luck!