Question

27yearoldcreditcardafterabroad

credit card suggestions. credit score went down after being abroad.
I have been with the same bank for the past 11 years and have been on time with all payments, including student loans. However, I went abroad for two years and missed credit card payments so they closed the account but I paid it in full. I also missed a student loan payment, but I am now up to date. When I went to apply for a new credit card, now that I am back in the states. I was denied. I applied a couple of times hoping my credit score would be updated. But it has not happened. Any suggestions for any simple credit cards? or why this is occurring? what to do?

You will probably have to start the credit rebuilding process with a Secured credit card. Get one that reports to all three credit bureaus. Maybe check out Capital One. In the meantime, start reading all that you can about credit. Make sure you don't ever miss any more payments on anything.