Question

kht1419

Credit Card still open after case closed
I filed Chapter 13 in 2010 and have completed the plan in August 2015 I have a credit card that is still open on my report and showing 2 late payments I called the lawyers office that handled my case and they told me to call TransUnion and Equifax. When I did they told me Credit Karma is no good for checking credit. I am confused. I am trying to build my credit back up now and need to get this card closed. Any suggestions would be so much help. Thanks

Bankruptcy does not erase the items that were included in it.  Those items remain part of your credit history for 7 years, so will be showing on your credit report.  There will be notation that the bankruptcy was completed. Credit Karma is not a credit bureau but an education site and use the information that is shown by the two utilized credit bureaus so, it may take time to see changes here.  Just be sure to check your three credit reports annually.