Question

michaelh62

credit card not mine
I am a authorized user on my mom credit card. It is now showing up on my credit report. How do I get it removed?

SIMPLE

first you contact your mother and let her know you'd like to be removed from her credit card, if she doesn't do so then contact the credit company and tell them your mom had placed you on her credit card as an authorized user and you want to be removed. if they are not willing to work with you dispute the problem with the credit companies. to be honest I don't think it should be any harder then to just call cs and have them manually remove your name given proof you are who you say you are given a ssn hat was provided to their records for the authorized user. in the end you are not liable for any debt your mother owes on this accnt if she shall default. it will be her problem. but!!! if she shall default it will affect her credit score and maybe a pinch of yours only cause its tied into it.. i could be wrong.. sometimes adding an authorized user will help the authorized user gain some sort of credit. depends on the accnt owner and how they pay their debt.