Question

arleendavis

Credit Card Issue
I was reviewing my account and discovered that there is a Discover Card on there that is delinquent. I do not have any charge cards. How do I go about correcting this?

Dispute the account with Discover and all three credit bureaus.

I agree with Addison170. If you are 100% positive that this is not your debt; contact Discover first and ask how they obtained your personal information. Get copies of signatures, and or contracts that must be signed in order for them to obtain such delicate info. Sometimes companies can use verbal agreements..... If they can't produce such infomation; then they should not have a problem with removing this negative item from your credit file. You can aslo do online disputes to the major credit bureaus, or write dispute letters (recommeded because I'm old school) Stating that you are unaware of creating such debt. Also look up sample letters for writting disputes. Good luck my friend!!!