Question

rustyrust

Credit Card Appears on Report
There is a credit card that appears as current on my Credit Karma report. It was never my account, it is my parents', but I was an authorized user. I have been removed from the account as an authorized user for over a year now, but the card still shows as current in my report. Since it appears in my report, the balance is counting against my credit. What can I do about this?

Is it showing as an open or closed account?  If closed, then it is not hurting your utilization.  If open, then write letters to all three credit bureaus and ask them to close it or delete it.