Question

blktonto99

Credit authorization
A friend added me as an authorized user on his credit card. Why should that appear on my credit report ? I did not open or sign the agreement. I also tried to get it removed and the bank says its mine upon the review, so the credit bureaus says no remove. it staes that 84% is used balance, which affects my credit score
Now, the card holder is going to file bankruptcy. How can I get this card removed from my credit and how will him filing bankrupty affect me

The bank must take you off the account if that is what you want.  Be persistent and talk to manager/vice president.  It will stay on your report until you're removed as the authorized user.  Your friend filing BK shouldn't affect you, except for this one account.  Also, send disputes to the three credit bureaus and tell them you are NOT an authorized user and this is NOT your account.  Keep hounding them, they will try to blow you off.  Finally, ask your friend to contact the bank and have you removed as well.  They should not be able to keep you on there if you BOTH ask to have you removed.  Best of luck!