Question

Geronymous

Could not find my score. I find it strange that in my info, there was no place for my middle name.
I have had credit cards for over 20 years, had 2 car loans and mortgage, all paid off. Why cant credit karma find my score. Is it because it is free?

Hi Geronymous,

A middle name is not crucial to retrieving a credit score. Your first and last name, along with SSN are required to retrieve a credit score.

It sounds like your thin file is preventing the credit bureaus from calculating a credit score for you. If your mortgages and auto loans are paid off, they may have "aged off" of your credit report. The credit bureaus require recent activity (from the past six months) to calculate a score. If you still have open credit cards, I suggest contacting the card issuer to see which bureaus, if any, they report to. We provide millions of free credit scores each year.