Question

bboutte12

Could I buy a used car with a credit score of 674?
I'm a 19 year old college student with a credit score of 674, I'm looking to buy a used car, an 09 or up. Will I be able to get financed and get a decent apr?

Most Helpful Response

Car Shopping-YES!

When you are in the market for an auto loan, the best thing to do is work directly with your bank or credit union. Your credit score is just one indicator of your overall loan. In addition, the bank looks at your debt to income ratio, your past 12-24 months of credit history, and any prior BK or Repossessions. You also need to have a steady income to show that you can repay your obligation.

If you have direct financing instead of obtaining the loan at the dealership, you are more likely to get approved at a lower interest rate. For example, I worked for a large bank that writes auto loans and if you had a 674 credit score, along with a clean report (no late payments in the past 12-24 months and your debt to income ratio wasn’t too high) you would have been approved for a loan with an APR of roughly 4-9.99%.

Good luck!

Tix brings up a lot of great points that really are taken into consideration along with your score.  I was able to get approved for an auto loan with a score slightly less than yours.  Good luck!

Think so

My score is only 630 and going for a 2006 pt crusier and they aid that they can get me in to it and I am thinking that I well get an APR of about 12% but I don't mind the APR my self.